Corporate wants 100% schedule compliance.

• 15 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our plant was recently presented with a 100% schedule compliance requirement for all Fiix work orders. While I admire the passion behind this goal, I don’t think this is feasible. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not advocating for laziness or that high goals shouldn’t be striven towards, but my understanding is that world-class schedule compliance percentages are in the low to mid 90’s.

Can anyone weigh in on what would constitute as world-class schedule compliance? And more than that, what would you say to look for to bring it up to that level. For reference, our plant’s compliance percentage is around 65%.

Bonus points to anyone who has 100% compliance (we hold you in great esteem) and can give some tips to us slow pokes.

2 replies

Badge

Following:  Ours sits at about 74%.  Can’t seem to get it any higher!

Hey Chris,

I think there is an ever present disconnect between corporate and site thought processes.

The way I see it, if you consistently have 100% compliance every day, week, month, etc., you’re either cooking the books or your labor utilization is way under used.

Real life maintenance operations is extremely unpredictable. We are all just one breakdown, one call off, or one pipe burst away from our daily plan being put directly into the trash can, especially if you’re planning technician labor pretty close to their total hours worked.

I can’t speak to what the world class figure is, but I don’t believe it is 100%. The important piece to a less than 100% compliance is having the story behind the miss, creating a plan to make up the missed work, and then having corrective actions for the future. Metrics tell a story, we provide context. I would rather see a string a compliance misses with a team that has a grasp on reality vs a team that has a blanket perfect score and is lost in the sauce.

I’ll leave you with a saying from an old sage maintenance manager I had towards the beginning of my career. “Figures lie and liars figure”

Fiix by Rockwell Automation Inc. All rights reserved.