Article

Hitachi Solutions Article: 11 trends that will dominate manufacturing in 2021

• 16 December 2020
  • 0 replies
Hitachi Solutions Article: 11 trends that will dominate manufacturing in 2021

Are you ready for this...we’re heading for Industry 5.0...connecting man and machine 

The 5th industrial revolution “...is all about connecting man and machine — that is, collaboration between humans and smart systems. Depending on who you ask, Industry 5.0 is either on the immediate horizon, or it’s already here, its arrival accelerated by the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic”.

Beyond the new buzzword, this article claims the following 11 trends will dominate manufacturing in 2021

1. Employee Safety Becomes a Top Priority
  2. IoT is (Still) THE Big Thing
  3. Predictive Maintenance Keeps Production on Track
  4. Shifting Focus from B2B to B2C
  5. Manufacturers Plan Their COVID-19 Exit Strategy
  6. A New Approach to ERP
  7. Manufacturers Gain Greater Visibility into Big Data
  8. VR & AR Support Touchless Service Model
  9. 3D Printing Makes Production Faster & Cheaper
  10. Manufacturers Reevaluate Shoring & Sourcing
  11. The Job Market Remains Uncertain

Share your prediction below for the trend you think will dominate from this list.

I’d 💙 to read your thoughts why in the comments. 

I’m going to cheat a little bit with my prediction. A modified #4, shifting focus from B2B (business-to-business) to H2H (human-to-human). Which is exactly why we’ve created The Fiixers community!  

IoT, Big Data, VR, and 3D printing...all these “machines” will continue to command our attention and focus. However, it is people who operate these tools. I believe the existence of these tools is to facilitate rather than replace in our daily lives.

So, my prediction is that adopting a H2H strategy will dominate in 2021.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Fiix by Rockwell Automation Inc. All rights reserved.