The Bad Actor Report: May be the most important report

• 16 March 2022
  • 0 replies
The Bad Actor Report: May be the most important report
Userlevel 3
Badge

We've reached the final article of The Bad Actor Report. Let’s review why this report is the most important report in your toolkit for improving your maintenance strategy in this article.

If you missed any posts in my series, you can check them out here ⤵ 

Chronic Failure Analysis may be the Most Significant Process you can Run.

Well-known reliability professionals have stated that close to 80% of maintenance cost can be due to chronic failures. And because they are almost routine, their frequent occurrence impacts the bottom line.

Thus, organizations should focus on ways to attack the worst offenders and eliminate the cause. The figure shown below is the complete process which if performed correctly will help reduce reactive maintenance.

qQfwQhZq6WCSsPENY7KWFAiHbsO5D_v0Ho8eiV4uH2BglvwWuD4ravTuPVXtXCFdQgOSaVvEfHlp2LN12Fun3nqrm77bVlpmeDrKiP8tE-plTAlhGKc_MOkF3TlWMgsE04TiOYnm

Possible Corrective Actions 

There are many possible actions that can result from reliability team reviews. It is not as simple as adding a new PM or conducting training. Lastly, it is possible that the reliability team may recommend multiple actions. But in the end, you can be assured that the chronic failure analysis process will reduce failures and optimize return on asset. In the figure below these are the different types of corrections. 

9BQAylPiQK3n1ClwMUiI9blDu3q-pDvoAa683o7LKd0QNyUGsp-RgXjqJ62MhghF_5atJlfWXn4AJF1HjdiKulUzkGDji-Xc58TSgkn--15GiA6G3X9aZWU1-kyBLRXhsq33YbdF

Take Control of your CMMS  

There are many improvement initiatives but chronic failure analysis may be at the top in terms of overall benefit. Having a reliability team which routinely relies on the CMMS to identify bad actors helps them focus on the worst offenders and improve the bottom line.

XQZh7aED2m3CwYpMKa95zd4QYZyxfEiO4i_h2-5HGXIleO9WX_2CQAv9JsWj_HBHGrPLV_HRnsOyqOqLv_a6VmZkp9t_8ubUMA2Jxv2_cpourBgir7FPX1ssl3qUhHdbvW3Fxaru

How do you use this report to determine how to improve your maintenance strategy? Let us know in the comments below. 👇

Thank you for sticking with me as I went over The Bad Actor Report in great detail. I hope you've enjoyed this series.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Fiix by Rockwell Automation Inc. All rights reserved.